It’s officially August which means summer is (almost) over, unfortunately. On the bright side, it’s been a productive summer. I have poems forthcoming in Tinderbox Poetry Journal and Winter Tangerine this Fall. I’ve successfully completed about 50 poems this summer through the help of a poem-a-day challenge I did with some friends! I’m ready for the second year of my MFA to start through the NEOMFA and I’m excited to share this interview I recently did with the Akron Beacon Journal. Here’s to a great start to a second year!
Check out some of my favorite reads from this summer:
- Odes by Sharon Olds.
- The Collected Poems of Audre Lorde
- Some Say the Lark, Jennifer Chang
- Hard Child, Natalie Shapero
- Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude, Ross Gay
- Copia, Erika Meitner
- Barbie Chang, Victoria Chang
- Incorrect Merciful Impulses, Camille Rankine
- The Collected Poems of Lucille Clifton
- Diving Makes the Water Deep, Zach Savich
See you soon,